I suggest you ...

Improve BlackMagic compatibility (so one can encode live HD SDI)

BlackMagic DeckLink drivers (7.8) sort of works with EE4, but it could be a lot smoother. (WME is still better)

EE4 cannot remember the settings for capture, and jobs can’t be saved properly using DeckLink card as the live source.

A few stability tweaks would be great!

304 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndrewAndrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel TrullénDaniel Trullén commented  · 

Problem with Decklink Quad (4 cards in one). EE does not remember settings (PAL) nor whitch card channel is selected. EE must take into account that Decklink audio comming embedded in the SDI signal cannot work stand alone. Audio is linked to corresponding video. EE hangs if you select audio from channel 2 and video from channel1.

• NajibNajib commented  · 

it has been 3 months ago, is there anything new here? I have just ordered Blackmagic Decklink SDI Duo.

• Jerome SediaJerome Sedia commented  · 

We are having the same issue with the Blackmagic Decklink SDI. The settings are not getting saved and we have to reselect the video source every time the machine is restarted or the Expression Encoder is restarted.
        Can you add the ability for EE4 to save the settings for the capture card?

• BhaktaVatsalBhaktaVatsal commented  · 

Please support BlackMagic Cards. They are cheap but produces professional quality results and good for beginners like us to test out and enter in to market.

• Algis PetraitisAlgis Petraitis commented  · 

One more comment - these cards are so important because they make projects possible that other cards cannot. The cost is 250USD per SDI channel for card with double inputs, compared to over 3000 USD / channel for cards like Digital Rapids that come with proprietary encoder which produces exceptionally high quality output but too expensive to use in projects.

• Algis PetraitisAlgis Petraitis commented  · 

Confirm that same problems exist in driver 7.9. PAL is on input, and after every start of EE4 it resets back to NTSC (forgets the video settings). In WME9 everythig is remembered.

For live PAL encode also CROP function is of absolute necessity, as several top, bottom and side pixels MUST be removed.

Also, please add one more deinterlacing selection - the same algorithm that was in WME9, because it produces much better deinterlacing results than "Force BOB" setting. "Auto BOB" function does not work, it tries to encode interlaced image without deinterlacing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base