I suggest you ...

Auto Start / Reconnect after some internet / server down

auto start / reconnect function in Expression Media Encoder 4 to back the streaming online when stream with the "publishing point" output to WMS if the server stops or if any drop in internet encoder source

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Delton - AudioBrasDelton - AudioBras shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John VirgaJohn Virga commented  · 

This is a feature that is a REQUIREMENT of Expression Encoder or any encoder push for that matter. This is very serious and should be expedited any way possible. This should be a simple fix that would be very beneficial for all the users that do not have the option to utilize a pull.
        I would really like to stop telling my clients that if they want reliable, robust streams (without having a public IP address) that they should use Adobe FMLE. Please help!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This is as important today as the day it was added into WME9 as a reg hack. I was just on a corporate event and lost an acquisition stream. Luckily we had a backup stream but we still had to do damage control and explain why we lost our primary. It would not have been as long a discussion if this incident was a buffer or stutter as the encoder reconnected. If you are successfully pushing a stream to a live pubpoint and the encoder encounters and error it should retry until you push stop or at least give us a reconnect option without the need to restart the whole project.

• TyroneTyrone commented  · 

I agree,100% this is a pain when I'm streaming to the server from a remote location.

• Frantz ParisotFrantz Parisot commented  · 

It's very important to have this feature in Expression Encoder.
        When there is an error, and the encoding stops, We have to manually restart the encoding process.
        This is no good.
        So, we are URGENTLY, ASHAP waiting for a correction: an AUTOSTART option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base