Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Expression Encoder TeamExpression Encoder Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Latency of 10 seconds is simply not acceptable. Running on Gigabit ethernet with webcam and streaming with 10 seconds delay is limiting the scope of use greatly.

• klaskoklasko commented  · 

For live streaming from cameras with PTZ control this is essential. I have only been able to get the latency down to 10 seconds. Can anyone do better?

• gdepuegdepue commented  · 

Low latency is important piece of rich interaction with multi-party sessions.

• JamesJames commented  · 

Low latency live streaming is import feature for live boradcasting.

• data_andydata_andy commented  · 

I've been encoding 1080p content into a 720p mms stream with Expression and a Decklink HDSDI card. The quality is great but I'm seeing about 10 seconds latency in Expression. If you could get that down to 2 or 3 seconds, you could seriously compete with some of the expensive turnkey encoders out there.

• Mikke123Mikke123 commented  · 

Expression Encoder is awesome tool, but around 30 sec latency when Live Streaming is first noticed when you are showing it to average user. Please help us with this (especially in streaming to Apple devices scenario!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base