I suggest you ...

Parallel encoding (via multiple processes)

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric JuteauEric Juteau shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

that is definitely needed !!!

• Jeff TylerJeff Tyler commented  · 

Thanks for the reply. I added it. I am still giving this one vote, though for your idea of "adding multi-process encoding in MBR and Smooth Streaming."

• Eric JuteauEric Juteau commented  · 

You are right, WMV MBR is currently only supported in the Offline world. Feel free to add a suggestion to support it. :)

Eric, maybe I am missing something, but when encoding with a "Live Broadcasting Project," I don't see an option to add additional bitrate streams when Windows Media is selected as the output type. When I select IIS Smooth Streaming as the output type I am given this option. I posted in the forums about this, so if there is something I am missing then we should probably move this discussion there. If not, I would like to know so that I can add it as a feature request. Thanks.

We already support MBR to WMV using multiple encoding threads, but maybe there would be a real perf gain in adding multi-process encoding in MBR and Smooth Streaming.

Would this include encoding to WMV at multiple bitrates like WME 9 supported?

Being able to run multiple encodes at the same time on a PC that resources aren't maxed out by the current 1-encode queue model.

Feedback and Knowledge Base